MEASURING THE PULSE
MARCH 2-9, 2019 - TEL AVIV
MAY 10-15, 2019 - STUTTGART
Please visit our blog at: https://measuringthepulse.blogspot.com/
MEASURING THE PULSE was the research phase leading up to Stuttgart-Tel Aviv
In MEASURING THE PULSE we investigating the interdependence between humans, the urban atmosphere and urban spaces.
- How do atmospheres influence behavioral patterns between bodies?
- What kind of vibrations do bodies experience unconsciously in urban spaces? Do they embody them in the body and in its movements?
- How does ambivalence towards atmospheres show up in human bodies?
- How do bodies and atmospheres interrelate in urban spaces?
- How can we work artistically with the atmospheres surrounding us?
Looking at ways to research the phenomena artistically we are interested in:
- Which choreographic, compositional and artistic options are offered by the vibrations of the city?
- How can we use the acoustic translation of vibrations in performative ways in urban spaces?
- How can we make the relationship between humans and atmosphere physically tangible?
Our research is based on following assumptions:
- Local and global changes are interrelated. That is why we carried out research in two different cultural contexts.
- Our research process is conceptualized as a performative process. Our work space is the urban space. Our research is a performative act in itself.
Research was carried out over a two week period – one in Tel Aviv and one in Stuttgart. In both cities we:
- Measured and recorded the pulse of the city
- Made movement observations
- Translated our physical experience in movement sequences/actions